1. These Terms and Conditions (Terms) apply to your use of Connect Hearing’s Online Chat service (Online Chat). If you are under 18 years of age, you should obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian prior to using Online Chat. Your use of Online Chat constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
2. Connect Hearing will retain written records of Online Chat sessions.
3. Connect Hearing does not agree to you keeping or disclosing a written record of the Online Chat session without Connect Hearing’s prior written consent.
4.Online Chat is available from 9AM-5PM Mon-Fri AEST with such hours subject to change at Connect Hearing’s discretion.
5. Connect Hearing’s Online Chat team members use reasonable care and skill to deliver complete, accurate and current information. If the team member cannot answer your question, the team member will use best endeavours to refer you to another Connect Hearing contact or request your contact details so another Connect Hearing team member can contact you directly.
6. Prices, rates and product specifications disclosed by team members during a chat session may vary from time to time.
7. You agree that you will not:
- Send Online Chat messages that are abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate or which contain a virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component designed to interrupt, limit or disrupt the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- Use Online Chat to publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate messages that are abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate;
- Engage in any commercial activity including marketing, advertising or commercial promotion of goods or services, data mine or use robots or other data collection methods; or
- Breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of the Online Chat in your jurisdiction.
8. Connect Hearing may at any time discontinue an Online Chat session if you breach these Terms or if you misuse the service in any way.
9. Connect Hearing reserves the right to, for any reason or no reason (including if Connect Hearing suspects that the Online Chat is being used in the manner set out in clause 7 or otherwise in violation of breach the Connect Hearing Online Chat Terms and Conditions of Use) to read, delete or edit such messages (without providing notice or any reason) and/or to remove you from and prevent your further use of the Online Chat service. Connect Hearing also reserves the right to take any further action it deems necessary or appropriate.
10. Subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in consumer protection legislation (including Australian Consumer Law), Connect Hearing excludes all liability for any loss, damage, claim, cost or expense whatsoever arising out of or in connection with these Terms or your use of the Online Chat service.
11. These Terms represent the complete agreement concerning the Online Chat and Connect Hearing may amend or update these Terms from time to time without notice to you.
12. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and those courts competent to hear appeals from these courts.
13. If any of the provisions of these Terms are deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
for further information about how Connect Hearing collects, uses and discloses information obtained through Online Chat.
15. Online Chat is subject to change at any time without prior notice and may contain errors.