If you have a hearing loss, your hearing aids are one of your most important possessions, helping you communicate with those you love and keeping you connected with what is going on in the world. So it's important to look after your hearing aids so they will continue to serve you well and for as long as possible.
Here are a few tips for taking care of your hearing aids:
· At the end of the day, give them a wipe with a tissue or cloth
· Don’t leave them in the bathroom when you are showering as the humidity is damaging to the hearing aid.
· Avoid moisture in general; don’t forget to remove your hearing aid before going for a swim or hopping in the shower.
· Avoid excessive heat, such as leaving your hearing aids in the car in summer.
· Check the hearing aid for wax every day using the tools provided to give them a good clean out.
Every 3 – 6 months
· Change the tubing every 3 to 6 months or ask your clinician to do this for you.
Caring for your hearing aid battery
All hearing aids have batteries.
· When changing the battery, wash and dry your hands and give the battery door a brush to avoid any dust build up.
· Leave battery door open when not in use, this will help in avoiding accumulating moisture as well as prolonging the life of the batteries.
Proper care of your hearing aid will not only make it more comfortable to wear and keep it functioning properly, but it will last longer and save you the cost and time associated with making repeated visits to your audiologist.
Your first experiences are essential for the successful adjustment of your hearing aid.
Our hearing test shows you how well you can hear.
Start the test
Buying a hearing aid is an important step. Take your time to find the right partner and device.